At Cater Veterinary Practice, we are proud to offer Nurse Clinics which allow our patients to make full use of the skilled Nursing Staff at our Surgery. Our Nurse Clinics are led by Hazel Campbell RVN and supported by Olive Semple RVN, Amy Revell RVN, Kathy Pendar-Hughes RVN and Paula Greenhalgh.
The idea of these Clinics is to provide our patient with a familiar and friendly face, with whom they feel they can discuss any issues involving their pets. Nurses are happy to spend amuch time is necessary with pets and owners, and are available for such things as:
- Weight Management Consultations (Tubby Club).
- Pet health checks - for all ages and species.
- Flea prevention & treatment.
- Nutritional advice, including prescription food.
- Routine dental checks and dental care advice.
- Geriatric clinics - a basic health check with optional blood test, blood pressure check.
- Diabetic support clinic - we are happy to discuss any issues surrounding diabetic pets and can help with blood glucose monitoring.
- Small animal husbandry advice for rabbits, guinea pigs and other small furries.
- Basic behavioural advice.
- Nail clipping.
- Anal glands.
- Blood pressure checks.
- Administration of routine wormers or flea treatments.
- Suture removals and post-op checks.
- Dressing changes.
- Tick removal.
- Ear cleaning.
- Routine blood sampling.
- Administration of medicines that have been prescribed by a vet.
Nurse Clinics are run by appointment, clinics are held on a Wednesday & Thursday afternoon, between 2pm - 4:30pm and at lunchtime on Monday & Friday. For people who find these times difficult, we will do our best to accommodate. Please phone (01492) 877049 to make your appointment.